There are 4 steps to creating a WePay account:
- Creating or logging in with your WePay User name
- Adding a WePay account (soft descriptor)
- WePay's verification process, called Know Your Customer
- Establishing a settlement method
When you create a new FundEasy or pay-to-attend AttendEasy event, you have the opportunity to create an account with the new WePay processor. Creating an account takes just a few simple steps.
Create a WePay login or log in with an existing WePay Username.
To create a username:
- Enter your name and email address.
- Click Done.
Add a New WePay Account
When you first start using WePay, you'll create a WePay payment account and it will automatically link to your event. After that, when you create a new event, you can choose the existing WePay account from Event Details, or you can create a new one.
- Choose Your Soft Descriptor. This is what people will see on their credit card or bank statement after WePay processes a transaction. Note: WePay is required by law to include their location in California as part of the transaction information.
- Describe Your Organization. Enter the name and a brief summary of the purpose of your organization.
- Enter Your Contact Information. Most of the information can be filled in by clicking Use my info, but you will need to add your EIN and other required information that couldn't be pulled in from your organization information on file in Ministry Sync.
Each soft descriptor you create adds another WePay account to your account list in the upper right corner of your user account at WePay.com. This means you can keep your banquet and your walk reporting separate if you prefer. In the future, when you create a new event, you'll have the options to choose an existing WePay account or create another from your Event Details.
Know Your Customer (KYC)
WePay will have you log into WePay at this point to enter more information about your organization and you. Once you've filled out this part, you'll be able to choose your settlement information.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires WePay to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. Therefore, WePay may ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that allows them to identify you.
You have the ability to manage your Settlement Method and your Settlement Frequency.
- Choose between Direct Deposit and Paper Check for your settlement.
- You now have three options for settlement frequency for Direct Deposit: Daily, Weekly, and Monthy.
- The Mail Check option offers Weekly and Monthly settlement options.
- These options can be adjusted later in your WePay dashboard that you can access from your Ministry Sync account.
Additional WePay Users
Additional users can be invited to your account from WePay.com after you have created your WePay account.
- From WePay.com, click Settings > Members.
- Add the email address of the person you'd like to invite, then click Invite.
- They will receive an email that gives them Moderator (read-only) access to this account.
The process for creating accounts was recently updated. This article in our blog explains why.