When you create a new FundEasy or pay-to-attend AttendEasy event, you have the opportunity to create an account with the new WePay processor. Creating an account takes just a few simple steps.
First you'll create your WePay User. If you already have a WePay Username, you can use the same one, but you'll still need to set up the WePay Account for your organization.
- Enter your name and email address
- or click "Use my info" to complete the fields in one click
- Click Continue
Additional WePay Users
Additional users can be invited to your account from WePay.com after you have created your WePay account.
- From WePay.com, click Settings > Members
- Add the email address of the person you'd like to invite, then click Invite
- They will receive an email that gives them Moderator (read-only) access to this account.
Provide Organization information
Most of the information can be filled in by clicking Use Account Info, but you will need to add your EIN, a description of your organization, and another other required information that couldn't be pulled in from your organization information on file in Ministry Sync.
Contact Person Information
- The USA Patriot Act requires that you provide information to indentify you. Click "Use my info" to automatically add information from your profile.
- Or complete the fields with the information of the contact person for your organization
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires WePay to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. Therefore, WePay may ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that allows them to identify you.
You have the ability to manage your Settlement Method and your Settlement Frequency
- Choose between Direct Deposit and Mail Check for your settlement
- You now have three options for settlement frequency for Direct Deposit: Daily, Weekly, and Monthy.
- The Mail Check option offers Weekly and Monthly settlement options.
- These options can be adjusted later in your WePay dashboard that you can access from your Ministry Sync account.
Personalize your WePay Account
Eliminate confusion for your supporters by customizing the soft descriptor, the language that shows on credit card and bank statements. You can use up to 18 characters for your soft descriptor.
Note: Each soft descriptor you create adds another WePay account to your account list in the upper right corner of your user account at WePay.com. This means you can keep your banquet and your walk reporting separate if you prefer. In the future, when you create a new event, you'll have the options to choose an existing WePay account or create another.